Neck Pain: Causes, Treatment, Surgery, Recovery — Neck Pain Doctors in Torrance, CA at Rolling Hills Medical
Common Causes of Neck Pain
- Muscle Strain: One of the most common reasons why people might have neck pain is a muscle strain. The spine is supported by muscles on either side called the paraspinal muscles. In some cases, these muscles might become strained, leading to neck pain.
- Degenerative Disc Disease: Another possible cause of neck pain is called degenerative disc disease. In this disease, the disc that provides a cushion for the spinal vertebrae starts to degrade. Without this cushion, the spine becomes irritated, leading to neck pain.
- Osteoarthritis: People can also develop osteoarthritis in their neck which could lead to pain. Osteoarthritis in the neck can impact the bony vertebrae of the spine. This could also cause stiffness and back pain.
- Radiculopathy: A radiculopathy is a problem with one of the nerves in the spine itself. This could occur when a nerve in the spinal cord becomes pinched or compressed, causing weakness or shooting pains that could manifest as neck pain.
- These are only a few of the common causes of neck pain. In order to sort through these conditions, it is a good idea to seek the help of a trained medical professional.
Treatments to Help with Neck Pain Relief
- Conservative treatment such as physical therapy, ultrasound, massage, chiropractic adjustment and neck-strengthening exercises to help control neck pain with minimal risk
- Heat, ice, and electrical stimulation
- Steroid injections that can reduce inflammation in the neck and relieve pain
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy injections that can help someone recover from neck pain more quickly
- If surgery is necessary, we can provide minimally invasive spine surgery that can help alleviate symptoms with minimal risk
Different causes of neck pain will require different treatment plans, which is where our doctor can help.
Torrance Neck Pain Doctor: Trust the Professionals
Without a doubt, there are multiple reasons why someone might have developed neck pain. Because of this, anyone who is looking for neck pain treatment in Torrance needs to seek the assistance of a trained and experienced Torrance neck pain doctor.
At Rolling Hills Medical, we take the time to listen to our patients and ensure that our treatment plan meets their needs. The families of Los Angeles and Orange County have been trusting us to help treat their neck pain from the first day that we opened our doors. During that time, we have expanded our treatment capabilities and now have a wide range of tools at our disposal to help those in need. Our trained professionals are always standing by to help you and your family.
So, call us today at (424) 267-2491 to schedule an appointment. Our dedicated treatment team is standing by to help you with your neck pain.
What Causes a Stiff Neck All of a Sudden?
Many people have experienced the frustration that comes with a stiff neck. Sometimes, people notice that they cannot move their neck all of a sudden, wondering how this issue developed seemingly out of nowhere.
A stiff neck often occurs when one of the muscles in the neck are overused, stretched too far, tense or strained. A stiff neck can present with a variety of additional symptoms including jaw pain, arm pain, shoulder pain, or even a headache. These symptoms, in addition to the stiff neck, can help a doctor figure out why this medical condition developed. There are a few common causes that should be considered.
If a stick neck occurs all of a sudden, it may be due to:
•Holding the neck in an abnormal position for a long period, such as holding a mobile phone with your neck and shoulder or looking downward at a mobile phone (called “text neck”)
•Turning the head side to side repeatedly during an activity
The Common Causes of a Stiff Neck
When someone develops a stiff neck, there are a handful of possible causes that the doctor is going to review. Some of these include:
- Some people may develop a stiff neck because they slept in a slightly awkward or uncomfortable position, causing the muscles to tighten. When these muscles tighten, the neck will feel stiff.
- Sudden impacts on the neck such as falls and contact during sports can lead to a stiff neck. In particular, falls on the shoulder that causes the neck to snap back and forth quickly will lead to a stiff neck.
- A repeated turning of the head from side to side can also lead to a stiff neck. This may happen while swimming, particularly freestyle.
- Those who have poor posture can also develop a stiff neck. Some jobs that involve looking at a computer or a phone for an extended period of time could cause the neck to stiffen.
- Anxiety attacks can also cause someone to develop a stiff neck suddenly.
Without a doubt, everyone who presents with a stiff neck will have slightly different symptoms. With the help of a Torrance neck pain doctor, the right diagnosis will be made and the treatment process can start.
Treatment Options for a Stiff Neck
Treatment options for a stiff neck are going to vary depending on the exact cause. In many cases, the stiff neck has developed as a result of the muscles tightening. Therefore, the treatment is going to focus on allowing these muscles to loosen. Over the counter treatment with rest, ice, and heat is often combined with medical therapy to help loosen these muscles.
At Rolling Hills Medical, we have a variety of treatment options that can help someone with their stiff neck. Our dedicated team of doctors is always standing by to evaluate and treat neck pain.
Torrance Stiff Neck Pain Doctors at Rolling Hills Medical
A stiff neck can be a frustrating medical condition that could leave someone looking for answers. That is where our trained medical professionals can come in handy. Those who are looking for neck pain treatment in Torrance should trust our experienced Torrance neck pain doctors.
Our staff at Rolling Hills Medical will take the time to listen to your concerns and formulate a treatment plan that is specifically tailored to meet your needs.
We have a wide array of treatments at our disposal that can help the families of Los Angeles and Orange County recover from their neck pain. We always have trained professionals available to help you with your neck pain and back pain.
Please call us today at (424) 267-2491 to schedule an appointment for stiff neck treatment in Torrance. We have an experienced treatment team that can help you and your family with your neck pain.
New Patients Receive a Free Consultation