Leg Pain Doctors Torrance | Rolling Hills Medical
One of the most common reasons why people see the care of a trained medical professional has to do with pain. If you suffer from chronic discomfort, you are not alone. When it comes to leg pain, we are here to help you. At Rolling Hills Medical, we specialize in the treatment of leg pain. Learn more about our treatment options below!
An Introduction to Leg Pain
Leg pain can be divided into two separate categories. In some cases, people may develop something called acute leg pain. This is leg pain that comes on suddenly, such as leg pain following a slip and fall injury, a collision while playing sports, or even a motor vehicle accident.
The other type of leg pain is called chronic leg pain. This is leg pain that develops slowly and gradually over an extended amount of time. Some people may have a stress fracture in their leg they may not have even noticed. In other situations, people may have a nerve injury that contributes to chronic leg pain.
Regardless of the type of leg pain from which someone may suffer, our team is here to help you. At Rolling Hills Medical, we will work hard to identify your specific type of leg pain. Then, we will work with you hand in hand to develop the right treatment plan.
Causes of Leg Pain
There are numerous reasons why someone may be suffering from leg pain. Some of the most common causes of leg pain include:
- A Ligament Sprain: Sometimes, people suffer from leg pain because they have a ligament sprain. They may have suffered a sprain of the hip joint, one of the ligaments in the knee, or even one of the ligaments in the ankle.
- A Bone Fracture: In other situations, people may have developed a fracture in their leg somewhere. Some of the most common locations in which someone may suffer a leg fracture include the femur, the fibula, and the tibia. Some of these fractures are stress fractures while other ones are more acute in nature.
- A Muscle Strain: There are other situations where someone may have suffered a muscle strain in the leg. A strain of the quadriceps can happen when someone exercises excessively. In other cases, someone may have suffered a strain of the hamstring. Both of these can lead to leg pain.
- Nerve Injury: Finally, people may suffer from leg pain due to a nerve injury. For example, sciatica is one of the most common causes of leg pain. In this case, there is pain that leaves the back and passes into the leg.
These are a few of the most common causes of leg pain that we treat. We would be happy to help you as well.
Types of Treatment from a Leg Pain Doctor Torrance
We offer numerous treatment options for leg pain. Even though it is true that we provide surgical correction, we only use surgery when we believe it is absolutely necessary. Some of the treatment options we provide include:
- Nerve Stimulation: Sometimes, we can use nerve stimulation to calm pain signals leaving the leg.
- Physical Therapy: If we believe we can use physical therapy to help you with your leg pain, we will recommend it. We can strengthen vulnerable areas of your body and reduce your discomfort.
- Radiofrequency Rhizotomy: This is a non-invasive procedure that we can use to target areas of discomfort in your leg.
- Chiropractic Care: We even have connections with chiropractors that we can use to address your leg pain without surgery.
Contact Rolling Hills Medical for a Leg Pain Doctor Torrance Today!
At Rolling Hills Medical, we place our patients first. Contact us today at (424) 267-2491 to make an appointment!